Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-01-24 09:34:18

Loohan
Administrator

Re: 30,000 hz square wave (and other freqs) zapping

It has turned itself off 5 more times since last report, including twice last night.
A few days ago it happened to turn itself off, reverting to default settings, at the very moment i reached down and touched the volume knob to tweak it after it had been running a freq for some time.

There are a lot of more expensive DDS units out there but i am reluctant to invest too much experimentally.

In post #13 i wrote:

I considered this unit too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DDS-Function-S … SwYwJaR0~g
but fortunately a reviewer had commented that one can't adjust the freq while it is on. For my purposes, i need to feel the freq as i tune it, to find the sweet spots.

I just edited that post to include:

UPDATE Jan 24 2019: The white unit i did buy also can't be adjusted while unit is running. One has to turn it off, adjust, and turn it back on. Yet this has not been a problem because i can somehow "feel" the correct freq anyway.
That is, the unit is "on" in the sense that the lights are on, etc, but it does not emit the freq until one hits the on/off toggle button.
So i just ordered 1 of these units which costs 1/2 as much as the white one with slow-boat Chinese shipping.
I have only noticed 1 problem with the white unit: it occasionally turns itself off. Half the time it does this it leaves the set freq intact, and other times it reverts to default settings. I want to see if this cheaper unit does better.

This unit has max of 65534 Hz compared to 999999 Hz of white unit, tho.
Also i think this unit
https://tinyurl.com/y7sp8xdg
is the same unit in a tidy case for a few more bucks.

#77 2019-01-24 12:16:30

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

This unit has max of 10K compared to 100K of white unit, tho.
Also i think this unit

Site says: "DDS frequency range: 1Hz-65534Hz". Interesting unit!

BTW when u just say 100K, i think "100 kohm", but of course you mean 100 kHz.

#78 2019-01-24 20:32:39

Loohan
Administrator

sittingtaoist wrote:
Loohan wrote:

This unit has max of 10K compared to 100K of white unit, tho.
Also i think this unit

Site says: "DDS frequency range: 1Hz-65534Hz". Interesting unit!

BTW when u just say 100K, i think "100 kohm", but of course you mean 100 kHz.

Yeah, misread it, sorry. And actually, the white unit goes up to 999,999 Hz. I corrected the post.

#79 2019-01-30 17:56:35

Loohan
Administrator

OK, for those few pest exterminators who are ultra-sensitive and have one of these white DDS units:
I found myself craving to be able to tweak the output even more finely. I noticed that on mine, at least, there is a spot a few inches out on the output lead where if i touch it, it really affects the energy.
Nadee guided me to wrap this wire around there thusly for now:
wrapDDSwire.jpg
and it makes a difference! I can slightly move and bend the wire to tune it.
I am limited in resources here visiting my mom, but i have visions of making a box with a bank of 4 potentiometers and whatnot to connect to such a coil whenever i get back home.

[Edit 2024:] This yellow coil was only relevant to that one particular DDS unit. I bought another one like it later, and it did not cry out for such an embellishment.
That first unit finally failed last year. And i removed the yellow coil from the cord.
You can still find these units on eBay etc and they are decent. Although they do not do fractions of a Hz. There are also fancier models costing more, that have more different wave forms.

#80 2019-02-10 06:52:54

Loohan
Administrator

OMG i just realized i had overlooked that this unit i mentioned a couple posts back
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DDS-Function-S … SwYwJaR0~g
is a %#@&! KIT!
I suck at soldering so may not mess with it.

So i wanted to order the completed unit for $10 more
but at checkout Banggood insisted on my phone # so they can sell it to telemarketers (i sense a direct connection there to telemarketers i have blasted).
So i searched some more and found this same completed unit on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DDS-Fun … 10333.html
for $15 with free slow shipping from China.
Unfortunately i ran into multiple website dysfunctions there, including a refusal to recognize my newly-created pwd (as i lost the old one), or even permit me to check out as a guest using my email address which had a record of my account.

So then i was about to order a completed one without case for $23 on eBay but read a review that a guy had to re-solder a loose potentiometer.
So i am re-evaluating whether i want this unit, considering it has a more limited freq range anyway.
I love the white unit except for it's occasional stoppages.

#81 2019-02-12 10:35:05

Loohan
Administrator

Actually, now i have reason to suspect that the issue i have been having with the white unit may be related to imperfect continuity with the coils. It may be that if continuity is halfway compromised momentarily at a connection, it creates a disturbance which causes the unit to stop. If i cleanly unplug the circuit anywhere along its length, it does not shut off though.

#82 2019-02-12 10:52:19

Mordok
Enabled users

I have noticed my unit has stopped it's output a few times.  The unit is on and displays a freq but nothing is coming out.  I just hit the run/stop button twice and it starts outputting again.  I had a thought that it might be getting hot and shutting itself down.  I turned the level down for a while and it didn't shut down.  So now I have it back up again and I'll see if it starts shutting down again.

#83 2019-02-17 14:46:30

Mordok
Enabled users

A little heads-up about these generators.  The white DDS function generator FG-100 will let you input frequencies beyond what it is capable of outputting.  The specs at the link that Loohan provided are pretty accurate for each waveform.  If you go very far above the limit  you will get garbage in the 3k-5khz range that will bounce around like a rubber check.  There is an output, but it is low, very unstable and not the correct frequency.

The NCHtoner does take higher numbers and in the sine wave configuration you won't hear anything, but you might feel it if you have good speakers.  I just checked with my frequency counter and I'm getting 11.54Khz out of my speakers.  So my sound card isn't capable of such a high frequency.  I doubt any will.  The NCHtoner is accurate up to 21.5Khz and then it starts getting inaccurate and going down in frequency.

The SineGen program will allow you to input a frequency higher than 48Khz, but as soon as  you start the output, it changes back to 48Khz.

Frequencies above 3khz are technically falling into the radio frequency range.  I know I have a lot of burns on my body from pumping 30Khz into it over long periods of time.  These are radio frequency burns and they heal up relatively quickly and so far, haven't gone very deep.  But you want to be aware that there is a slight danger here.  Also, there are actually two bands of frequencies that fall into the ham radio spectrum where you technically need a license to transmit on those frequencies.  135.7Khz - 137.8Khz and 472Khz - 479Khz with a maximum power output of 1 watt for the first and 5 watts for the second.

Last edited by Mordok (2019-02-17 16:27:22)

#84 2019-02-17 15:06:19

Loohan
Administrator

Yeah i am wondering if what is proving so effective is actually just some kind of radionic rate. I have noticed several times that a freq seemed to be working even before i hit the ON button.
Which means that people should try just neatly writing  a rate on a piece of paper and placing it on or under some passive orgone device. I am about to try that with a couple items here.
The current rate needed to fry the repts attacking Mordok is 770790.1.

#85 2019-02-17 15:11:20

Loohan
Administrator

Intention helps, of course.
I just placed such paper under 2 old vintage devices i gave my parents years ago. The larger one does not seem to respond but a smaller one does. Which suggests that some devices are better suited.
The one that does not respond has plenty of metal shavings whereas the one that does has only powders and 1 copper coil. Also a thick layer of plain clear programed epoxy.

#86 2019-02-17 15:15:28

Loohan
Administrator

Also the units i have been piping the white unit into have coils which are energized by the output. But now i am suspecting that, at least with these high "freqs" one could just pipe in any good stable freq, say 30kHz, and also place the rates on paper on the units, and get the same or maybe better results. I am fixing to try that now with one of the little fixed-at-30K zappers so as not to create a number confusion.

#87 2019-02-17 15:41:15

Loohan
Administrator

Yeah, that definitely works much better! Feels like i am frying them harder now.
I have these 2 units running on 30K with the long rate number on paper now:
test.jpg
but pic is a month or so old and i was not running 30K at the time. Presently i am running one of the tiny 30K zappers thru both units in series. Disregard the freq gens in this pic.
BTW the energy from writing (or images etc) on a piece of paper flows out the face of the paper. Thus i placed one paper face down inside the box unit, and the other face up under the round unit.

In confirmation, suddenly these repts are attacking me back for the first time!
This really simplifies things. Now we know what it is that makes these high numbers effective. Simpler, cheaper, plus there is no limit on how long the number or how many decimal places.

Neither of these units contains metal shavings that i am aware of.

#88 2019-02-17 16:46:05

Loohan
Administrator

Mordok says that on his desktop computer, NCHtoner stops being accurate between 21.5Khz and 21.6Khz.
Of course this will probably vary on different machines.

#89 2019-02-18 11:18:57

Loohan
Administrator

OK! Nadee says those repts are terminal now, and we can start back in on the Egyptoids.
Says to use 8310642.7 as a rate.

21885427_104bafcadd9cd4486cad5d549a3b4b80_800.gif
[Update 2023, no longer effective.]

#90 2019-02-19 14:41:22

Loohan
Administrator

New OTB about the subject of this thread:
https://loohan.com/otb50.htm

Board footer