Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-11 12:19:18

ndw
Enabled users

Forum back online after a big crash

So we went offline for 1 week !!!!!!

What happened, or what they wrote that has happened:
someone did disconnect manually an array of hard disk from the wrong server in Iceland.
then they re-connected them
they saw a corrupted filesystem.
they restored a backup
the backup was corrupted
they went back date with other backups, all corrupted until one that was 8 weeks ago.

luckily I do every few days a manual backup, so I was having a backup dated 29 of September.

but we lost some topics.

what I ask people for, since everyone does receive emails if he is subscribed to a topic/forum, the most important one to recover is a couple of post in the pharaonic connection, this one http://loohanforum.orgoneitalia.it/viewtopic.php?id=484

if you have in your emails these missing post, please copy and paste here or in the thread...

then... the technician has to re-enable encryption and few minor details. So we are unencrypted now...  when they will re-enable this encryption we will change passwords again....

So, in the end they give me 6 months of service for free.... but 1 week of offline was a lot.... I miss you all guys, now back to work! ;-)

#2 2016-10-11 12:49:41

ndw
Enabled users

Re: Forum back online after a big crash

Please do a copy and paste from the emails you may still have, received from the forum.
an example here, on the topic WW fryers
http://loohanforum.orgoneitalia.it/view … 3635#p3635

search your email for
loohanforum werewolf fryers
loohanforum hive mind
topic here http://loohanforum.orgoneitalia.it/viewtopic.php?id=562
loohanforum pharaonic connection
topic here http://loohanforum.orgoneitalia.it/viewtopic.php?id=484

#3 2016-10-11 13:29:22

Jakub
Enabled users

" I willed it, so I became it"

#4 2016-10-11 17:12:17

ndw
Enabled users

also the emails were a bit misconfigured. missing passwords.
now everyone should get updates from the forum, mails works.

#5 2016-10-11 17:27:10

ndw
Enabled users

Jakub for the SSL we have, unfortunately, to still wait.
I think they still have some web account to fix, then they will go back to check other stuff such as Let's encrypt.

by the way, even with the correct daily backup, such SSL will had to wait 7 days+....

seems easy but a server has usually a lot of custom fixes that is not very easy to retrieve after such a crash.

they haven't got a good image btw, 7 days to completely restore everything.

off course, after enabling it again, I would suggest everyone to change psw again...
btw I look at logs. doesn't seems too much people reading but for sure they sniff data....everywhere...

#6 2016-10-12 00:30:52

ndw
Enabled users

ok SSL is active again
I would suggest to change passwords... at least for people that have logged yesterday when SSL was inactive

Board footer