Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-18 09:15:40

Loohan
Administrator

nicotine benefits

An article by and about humans:

Nicotine products are the latest fad — not to quit smoking, but to help people focus. Our writer tried them, with striking results
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti … sults.html

On his popular podcast, The Huberman Lab, Andrew Huberman, a prominent neuroscientist and an associate professor in the department of neurobiology at Stanford University, in California, discusses ‘science-based tools for everyday life’.

He recently spoke about his own occasional use of small amounts of nicotine for its cognitive benefits.

When it enters the body, nicotine can cause a temporary feeling of wellbeing through a surge of endorphins. It may also improve concentration and memory.

And, once you look into it, you discover that surprising numbers of people — from medical students to CEOs — are tactically altering their brain chemistry with nicotine by taking small doses in lozenge, gum, spray or patch form (the kind of products commonly used to quit smoking), to improve their cognitive performance...

And, as Dr Gill explains, even a little too much might undermine any cognitive benefits. ‘Nicotine shows an “inverted J-dose response”, meaning that while a low dose and brief exposure might give a benefit, higher, longer doses might actually impair cognitive function,’ he says.

Then, of course, there’s the unavoidable issue of how highly addictive nicotine is...

That brain boost reduces with regular use, he says. ‘Your body has a thermostat for everything. If you get a lot of exposure to a substance, the benefits get decreased, as your brain learns to compensate, and you want and need more to achieve the same effect.’

In 1999 or 2000, i smoked tobacco for the first time since 1976. It was a sample of NICOTIANA RUSTICA, a native tobacco supposedly with 10X as much nicotine as commercial tobaccos.
On the first puff, i felt an "electric shock" all the way down to the soles of my feet.

Then around 2007 i grew a few scrawny plants of this strain. Some i was drying in my attick got munched by hornworms! Apparently there were some tiny ones or eggs on that batch, and by the time i discovered them, they had grown large and had eaten most of that batch! High toxicity notwithstanding.
Anyway, i ended up with about a liter of dried tobacco, and almost all of that i still have. Sometimes i am moved to take a few tiny puffs. It causes coughing otherwise. Vomiting reportedly can occur.
Usually several months of non-indulgence will intervene between a couple of weeks during which i might consume a thimbleful in total.
The longer you age dried tobacco, the better the flavor. I would rather have a rare puff of potent organically grown plant than use commercial chemicals.
I suspect it triggers subtle epigenetic shifts when used judiciously. Regular heavy use is believed to activate skin-wrinkling genes.

Of course i can get away with this because i am not addiction-prone. In my teens and early 20s i sometimes smoked cigarettes some, but never developed any craving.

[Update May 2024:] Huber is actually a CIA fake human:
https://forum.loohan.com/viewtopic.php?pid=33893#p33893

#2 2022-11-22 08:23:29

Mark
Enabled users

Re: nicotine benefits

Tobacco is not good in any way.

It gives carbon dioxide in the body, it creates high blood pressure, nicotine causes your blood vessels to constrict or narrow (less oxygen).

It is a plant, and nerve poison (and the same applies for caffeine):

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pres … icide.html

Tired of parasites!

Board footer