Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-25 13:05:46

Loohan
Administrator

What Is High Functioning Autism? 6 Things You Should Know

What Is High Functioning Autism? 6 Things You Should Know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SukO28tQywI

YT threw this at me. I was intrigued enough to click on it, only to discover that Asperger's has been renamed to High Functioning Autism.

Some good info. The section on Social Interaction decribes most of my life accurately. The rest of the material, not as much.

There is a 6 in the title and she does wear a necklace with Masonic symbols, but i am fairly sure she's OK.
The channel seems OK, vids on mental health issues like PTSD...

#2 2021-08-26 02:34:44

argosatori
Enabled users

Re: What Is High Functioning Autism? 6 Things You Should Know

I 've long thought that dr.'s have missed a diagnosis of autism in me. There are definite signs that have always been there. When the realization of this hit me fully a year ago or so, I thought now it all makes sense-all the missing pieces are right there. I thought there was something really wrong with me for years and years. I mean there are some things that are not consistent with being autistic that I do-I have no problem making eye contact but upset my routine or don't give me space-lots of it, I get temporarily disoriented.

Being around lots of people is absolutely draining. I prefer solitude much of the time and it's difficult not to be easily moved by others' sadness, joy or any emotion in between. I think also --I wouldn't say "suffer" cause it's not like that-you can make otherwise negatively connotated "disorders"  work with your personality and traits for positive outcomes. But I think I also have a bit of "sensory processing disorder" which makes me ultra-sensitive to different stimuli at different times. 

All of this has made me stay in the background in life(rich and engaging internal life), not knowing what it was that seemed to make me so out of step with my peers and not knowing what my purpose is. I've always been made to feel weirder than I already am for my reclusiveness not realizing need for solitude is a typical trait of introversion and that draining from being around lots of people is a normal, typical response of the introvert. But it goes deeper than introversion.

I'm a motion freak-whether tapping my foot, rocking back and forth in my seat, pacing the floor or swinging on a swing at the playground I have always been in motion. Which is partly why I have been diagnosed ADHD(it was merely known as "hyperactive" when I was a little kid and they put me on Ritalin at age 3).

I have a great deal of social anxiety-many times I feel raw out in the world. The only place or one of the only places in the world I feel good and normal is in nature. The urban stacking of people on top of one another is dehumanizing and detrimental to one's personal space in all dimensions, it will fuck up ones dream states and that's one start of many to ones unraveling.

I've always felt a special purpose is niched out for me-that I was never meant to do what others gravitate towards like the pursuit of money for its own sake, the pursuit of power and influence over others when I can't even reign right in my own life and the control and domination of everyone and everything in my life and the pursuit of empty "stuff". I don't care if it just looks good, if there is no utilitarian purpose to it or if there's no substance to it, it's just taking up space and then adding to the visual chaos.

Even the alignment of the stars indicates an almost retrogressive evolutionary "leap"(?)--picking up new, hither to, unbeknownst attributes or uncovering of hidden talents in a most abrupt and sudden fashion (thanks Ouranos/Uranus!).

I was reading an article or watching video about a question someone had about Is Bigfoot Autistic? which I thought was very interesting, fascinating in fact. I've been getting more and more interested in Bigfoot these past few years, wondering just when is the person who has a pure soul going to finally communicate and make friends with Bigfoot in a very mutually positive way? None of those foolish dudes on ANY of those t.v. programs gonna ever catch or be able to befriend or kill bigfoot-they'll never even get close 'cause their motive and intent is impure. But I disgress..

Thanks for reading this

#3 2021-08-26 10:27:19

Loohan
Administrator

Ritalin at age 3! How evil.

You seem to have some aspie-like traits but i don't detect the aspie vibe. I can't detect autism in general.

"The only place or one of the only places in the world I feel good and normal is in nature." That describes me for most of my life. The only time i enjoyed myself was hiking alone in the woods far away from "people".

bigfoot.jpg
Captured this pic of a real bigfoot the other day. Somewhere in this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8Aueyz1w4
but this is by far the best pic in there.

Looks remarkably like Mordok!
This is one of the good BFs. I forget what state he was seen in; back east i think. The main crowd of good BFs that i know of is in north-central Washington state.
Many years ago the planet was full of evil BFs who were psi-attacking me hard. They had U bases everywhere, under the ocean floors, under deserts, you name it. We finally eradicated them, apparently. The good BFs helped. They are very telepathic and you can connect to this guy some.

#4 2021-08-29 12:34:16

argosatori
Enabled users

Hi

Ritalin at any age is probably evil and that's not the worst of the medicinal infliction upon my person by quacks and "loved ones".

I don't think I'm smart enough to actually be aspie but high-functioning autistic, yes. I've noticed that all aspies have very,
very high IQ's. Got have a (half) brother who is aspie for sure-went to and taught at harvard but can't operate a simple potato peeler.

Loohan-in that same video do you know what that being at 1:53-2:02 is?

#5 2021-08-30 07:39:47

Loohan
Administrator

argosatori wrote:

Hi

I don't think I'm smart enough to actually be aspie but high-functioning autistic, yes. I've noticed that all aspies have very,
very high IQ's. Got have a (half) brother who is aspie for sure-went to and taught at harvard but can't operate a simple potato peeler.

Loohan-in that same video do you know what that being at 1:53-2:02 is?

I do not know what that being is. I get no vibe.

As for IQ, there does seem to be considerable correlation there {i mean, just look at that Cmdr Loohan!) but i have one Aspie correspondent who is the dumbest!  Has an interesting soul, though.

#6 2022-10-17 06:33:40

Loohan
Administrator

Now wikipedia defines it a bit differently from what i remember of the video:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-functioning_autism

High-functioning autism is characterized by features similar to those of Asperger syndrome. The defining characteristic recognized by psychologists is a significant delay in the development of early speech and language skills, before the age of three years.[12] The diagnostic criteria of Asperger syndrome exclude a general language delay.[14]

Further differences in features of people with high-functioning autism from those with Asperger syndrome include the following:[12][15][16][17]

Lower verbal reasoning ability
Better visual/spatial skills (higher performance IQ)
Less deviating locomotion (e.g. clumsiness)
Problems functioning independently
Curiosity and interest for many different things
Not as good at empathizing with other people
Male to female ratio (4:1) much smaller
As of 2013, Asperger Syndrome and High-functioning autism are no longer terms used by the American Psychological Association, and have instead both been merged into autism spectrum disorder (ASD).[18][19][20] As of 2021, the World Health Organization also retired the terms and merged them into autism spectrum disorder.[21][22] ...

Criticism of functioning labels
Many medical professionals, autistic people, and supporters of autistic rights disagree with the categorisation of individuals into "high-functioning autism" and "low-functioning autism", stating that the "low-functioning" label causes people to put low expectations on a child and view them as lesser.[58][59] Furthermore, critics of functioning labels state that an individual's functioning can fluctuate from day to day, and categories do not take this into consideration.[59][60] Levels of functioning are unrelated to intellectual disability.[59] Additionally, individuals with "medium-functioning autism" are typically left out of the discussion entirely, and due to the non-linear nature of the autistic spectrum, individuals can be high-functioning in some areas while at the same time being medium or low functioning in other areas.[61]

Board footer