Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-10 14:53:27

Loohan
Administrator

tiny lathe for sale Grizzly G0745 4" x 6" Micro

[Update: SOLD to Joe]

The lathe i have is fine for making little items such as i have been posting on my blog lately. But i want to make some bigger stuff, and have already ordered a larger lathe.
Once i get the new one up and running i won't have a use for the little one. Make you a deal.
It's one of these:
https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzl … athe/g0745
Currently sells for $595. Plus shipping i presume. I bought it May 5 years ago and have not used it much. I think it sat for well over a year unused once. It is in great shape.
And that price did not include the tailstock chuck, which you need if you are going to drill any holes in the end(s). 5 years ago the chuck cost the insane price of $35, and now an incredible 65!
Anyway, i want at least $200 for this plus shipping. I may or may not get a deal on UPS rates from the place i used to work. If interested, email me with you zip code and i'll look into it.
The given shipping weight is only 36 pounds.

There are YT vids online that people have made about this lathe, pros and cons, etc. I have not watched any. Search for Grizzly G0745.

You will need to buy your own 5/16" cutting bits and have your own ordinary drill bits.
The motor is small, only 150W, so you need to be patient and cut slowly, or it will stall. But for small items, especially aluminum, brass, and machinable-grade stainless steel, it works pretty well.
Also of course you can cut plastic or wood. You can make smoking implements and sell them at street fairs, just think.

Any questions, post here or email me.

#2 2022-05-12 23:25:49

jeaux
Enabled users
Website

Re: tiny lathe for sale Grizzly G0745 4" x 6" Micro

Well, well, well. I just received two very generous orders in my shop, so I have some extra cash on hand.

I think I might be down for this.

I'll need to get some drill bits and the other thing you mentioned. I assume any cheap old set would work, unless you have advice on what to look for.

Also any hot tips on where to get these various rods of metal that you cut up? I wouldn't know where to get a good deal, or what a good deal even is.

This seems like something I'd be good at. I love working with hardware cloth and fine-tuning the tiny details. This will fit right into my toolkit.

Bastion community: bastion.mn.co

Board footer