Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-27 06:46:15

Diego De La Vegan
Enabled users
Website

a new way of taping wands

"the wolf: you're... jimmie, right? this is your house?
jimmie:     sure is.
the wolf:   i'm winston wolf. i solve problems.
jimmie:     good, we got one.
the wolf:   so i heard. may i come in?
jimmie:     uh, yeah, please do."

hey cybernauts,

after suffering the pain of having to tape channel wands twice, first with the flexfix and then the gorilla kind of tape, i craved for an easier process to do this.

so, the issue here was to simplify the whole process. since the gorilla kind of tape is just to protect the flexfix tape from getting off the wand, i thought of a solution where the gorilla tape is no longer needed.
for this you need at least 2 layers of resin on each wand.

i tried this new approach and it actually feels and seems easier than wrapping twice with different tapes and all the unintentional gluing of the tapes to other surfaces and scissors and tearing up the flexfix tape in crazy angles!

made 3 rolls using the full width of the tape where i put a toothpick and roll the tape over it about 2 inches, then put another toothpick before cutting with scissors and repeat the process.

each step was photographed for better perception.

i think it was really quick, perhaps 1 minute to do the 3. it was my first edition, i believe that with experience this time will get better.

with the rolls ready, just put them between the resin layers. after the 1st layer cures, put the roll on top and pour the 2nd layer over the roll.

just put them between the 2 layers like an hot dog!
“do you wanna mustard or do you don't wanna mustard ?”

what do you think?
diego d'la vegan

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

. .. Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if I’m not back by dawn... call the president.. .

#2 2020-02-27 08:27:40

Loohan
Administrator

Re: a new way of taping wands

Should work great!
PIx were a bit slow to display for me for some reason, but eventually did.

#3 2020-03-04 20:50:44

jeaux
Enabled users
Website

Way cool, man. I'll be trying this on my next gifting pour.

Bastion community: bastion.mn.co

#4 2020-03-06 16:35:31

Loohan
Administrator

tape-kebab.jpg

Making a batch of wands now.

#5 2020-03-06 20:57:26

Diego De La Vegan
Enabled users
Website

Seems even better !
Gotta try those skewer sticks myself.
Very good.

. .. Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if I’m not back by dawn... call the president.. .

#6 2020-03-07 12:45:08

Loohan
Administrator

Instead of wood one can also use wire. I did this same thing with a 10" piece of 12awg Romex, a somewhat rigid and easy-to-straighten solid-core insulated wire which is standard in US house construction and available at hardware stores.
Plus the copper is programmable.

#7 2020-03-08 06:48:02

UrosS
Enabled users

I suppose this can work also with silicone putty/glue as well?

IMG-20200308-124910.jpg

Just a little while ago I 'coincidentally' made this with brass hardwire and silicone glue.

Last edited by UrosS (2020-03-08 06:56:09)

#8 2020-03-08 12:56:43

Loohan
Administrator

UrosS wrote:

I suppose this can work also with silicone putty/glue as well?

https://i.postimg.cc/t7F2tWNy/IMG-20200308-124910.jpg

Just a little while ago I 'coincidentally' made this with brass hardwire and silicone glue.

You mean, just smear some silicone over it? Sure, should work. That tape you got won't get the proper programming though.

#9 2020-03-08 14:23:37

UrosS
Enabled users

Loohan wrote:

You mean, just smear some silicone over it? Sure, should work. That tape you got won't get the proper programming though.

Yes, like this; silicone smeared varnish-insulated cooper wire.

The FlexFix or Gorilla tapes I never saw here in shops.
Normally I use these two metalized:

- alu-metalized (left), but this one has bad stickiness, especially on silicone surfaces.
- the right one is pure compact aluminum tape, no acrylic components.

All others you can get here are ordinary insulation or duct tapes of varieties.

Maybe I can e-mail you a link of some choices to pick up the best alternative.

IMG-20200308-195300.jpg

#10 2020-03-09 08:30:44

Loohan
Administrator

I am sending Uros a partial roll of tape only available in US.

ChannelWands_intrnl.tape.jpg
This method seems to work fine, and is easier than wrapping each wand with tape.
In order to cover the tape pieces, i had to pour more resin than i normally would for just 2 channels. But i made some like this for a pic. Normally these days i would also put a layer of silver shungite mix in the middle, as that is very good to add and not channelable.

The sticks will want to rotate sideways after you put them in, unless the resin is just at the perfect point of stickiness. So i re-checked several times, adjusting them as they cured.
Also if the previous layer was already hard, i used a dab of acrylic glue (silicone glue or superglue would also work) to set the sticks in position, and let harden some before pouring. Then these bits of glue get a 3rd Channel Program which potentially can provide some backup from our ET friends or whoever.

Most people will want to devise a way to mark which end of each stick is the business end, as they cut them.

#11 2020-03-09 10:52:10

Diego De La Vegan
Enabled users
Website

awesome.
i'm still waiting for some molds like those to start producing them massively.
It's definitely a cleaner process without needing the gorilla tape.

#12 2020-03-09 16:53:40

UrosS
Enabled users

Really nice. Thank you!

#13 2020-03-14 14:59:37

Loohan
Administrator

These have a different feel to them than the ones with the tape outside. These feel more diffuse, more broadly radiant at close range. In fact i can't tell by feel which end is which on these!
Yet, i get they still have the same linear range.
But these might be better for carrying as i think they will give you more local protection. I drilled a hole in one that also has the shungite layer, and made a pendant, aiming down.

#14 2020-05-31 18:02:21

jeaux
Enabled users
Website

Whoa, a lot of work has been done here, I see. I like the idea of wrapping a long skewer and cutting it to size. Efficient.

I totally forgot to try this on my last gifting trip. Will have to try it on my next batch.

Romex seems a little pricey, at least on eBay. Is there a benefit to it besides using bare 12 AWG copper wire? I think I can get that at a cheaper price.

#15 2020-06-27 17:24:56

jeaux
Enabled users
Website

Heh, I'm not sure if I bought the correct one off eBay, but here's the Romex wire I received:

ohwvSVo.jpg

It's a little wide, and will take up a decent chunk of my little wands, but the wire feels strong and radiant. I'll certainly make use of this one way or another. I'm going to pour some tri-layered wands with some taped bits of these soon.

Though if you know of a more trim Romex option Loohan, could you provide a link?

Board footer