Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#46 2022-05-12 01:36:03

Jakub
Enabled users

Re: hardware cloth language

Quick technical question, when painting those with metallic paint do i must paint  paint both sides right away to program at same time or can i paint both sides separately.
I noticed i accidentaly scraped the paint off a little bit before it dried on some bigger piece while trying to paint both sides right away.

" I willed it, so I became it"

#47 2022-05-12 02:44:25

Loohan
Administrator

Jakub wrote:

Quick technical question, when painting those with metallic paint do i must paint  paint both sides right away to program at same time or can i paint both sides separately.
I noticed i accidentaly scraped the paint off a little bit before it dried on some bigger piece while trying to paint both sides right away.

It does not matter how many times.
By the way i have not painted a HC in years. Although some early ones on this thread can benefit from the cobalt paint.

#48 2022-05-12 04:59:35

Jakub
Enabled users

Loohan wrote:
Jakub wrote:

It does not matter how many times.
By the way i have not painted a HC in years. Although some early ones on this thread can benefit from the cobalt paint.

Specifically cobalt one or you know that cobalt one works ?  I used some silver/golden colored and i had trouble while painting cause colors were too similar to the cloth, though i think it worked. Here pictured:

P4120004.jpg

I painted anti stalking one and anti category 2 etoids, still have to do MTF and FTM ones,  was wondering about the rest of them from first page like anti chem, etc since i can't recognize from photo if you painted them, don't have any questions to the later ones starting from page 2.
The ones that have resing pgm for sandwiching,  i was hypothesising that i can paint those before setting in resin ofc, but i was wondering how much advantage it gives when painting them when i will set them in resin anyway, also cause you  seem to have not painted the anti stalking ones that you set in resin, hence my
pondering.

" I willed it, so I became it"

#49 2022-05-12 16:34:09

Loohan
Administrator

I had forgotten i said "apparently any paint rich in any metal is just as good. E.g. gold-colored or silver-colored."
At this point in time i don't feel the paint makes much difference. If any. Don't know why it no longer seems to.

Board footer