Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-09 17:18:56

Loohan
Administrator

knife against Egyptoids

Space Egyptoids continue to be the main enemies i deal with all the time. Of course this is also good against the ones on Earth.
I just got this knife from my least favorite marketing platform:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCSC6CX?ps … ct_details
It's a huge pocketknife, made in China. But the metal is of a great quality for programming against Egyptoids. Not only the massive blade, but it has big steel bolsters and is pretty heavy and clunky.
Free programming available from ChemmerBuster.
I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow.
Not sure there are many people other than myself and Joe who could use it well, but it really bites on Egyptoids. Not very good against other targets that i have noticed, not even Egyptoid hybrids.

#2 2023-11-10 08:16:43

Loohan
Administrator

Re: knife against Egyptoids

neofoss.jpg
Even closed, it also imparts some protection against their attacks when held, worn (has a belt clip), or kept under pillow.

The release tab for closing it is too big, and makes it a bit uncomfortable to hold there. But the handle is so long i usually hold it below that area.

#3 2023-11-12 17:02:38

Loohan
Administrator

Knife comes with a steel plug that can be inserted into a hole in the bolster when knife is open. This is to reinforce the hinge area if blade is put to severe use. I inserted a wire into the hole in the plug and am running running mono amp output into it now.

#4 2023-11-17 16:41:50

Loohan
Administrator

After a few days i took that off as the knife seems permanently zinged already.

One thing i don't like about these flip knives that have a projection on the back of the blade (i recently lost a smaller one like that) is that they are dangerous to wear on the belt. The projection catches on things you brush against, and since the knife is designed to open with great ease, it partially opens without one noticing, with the point aiming at an angle upward or downward, depending on the knife. I almost stabbed my arm a couple times that way.
I just removed the little disk on the blade. I happen to have a tiny hex key for the task. It still can be opened fairly easily with one hand. Provided your fingers are not too dry or too wet.

#5 2023-11-22 16:57:13

Loohan
Administrator

Much cheaper and smalller:
[edit: link deleted. Bad site. Read on.]
Husky 99025 Compact Folding Lock-Back Utility Knife
husky-knife-sets-99025-64_1000-600x600.jpg
These are really nice handy little knives that take standard replaceable utility blades. The blades don't get programmed but the rest of the metal does. The handles are steel.
Also takes good anti-Egyptoid programming. I got 2 at Home Depot for $5 each and now realize i could have gotten 3 postpaid for that much money. 
The spring is not very strong and they come off the belt easily. They don't open as readily as the large knife. I have one in each front pocket now to weaken attacks.

Husky also makes larger ones but i don't know that they take the programming. [Edit: Pretty sure they they do.]

Edit: No, the handles are plastic. It amazes me how strong the pgm is considering there is not that much volume of metal to program.

#6 2023-11-24 09:40:52

Mark
Enabled users

Tired of parasites!

#7 2023-11-24 17:44:32

Loohan
Administrator

No. There are a million knives that won't do for this. But on further reflection, i think ALL the Husky brand knives will do. However, it is not because of the blade steel. They make many regular knives. But you get more programmable metal for your money on the utility-blade knives.

BTW i have tried several times to order 3 more from that link i gave, but all i get is
Gateway Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function putenv() in gateway/includes/class-wc-gateway-authnet.php on line 258
and when i email them about it, or try to, their email form does not go through.

So screw them if they are not interested in fixing their site. I just ordered a 3-pack from ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165353065980?h … BMzJfMt4Bj
(Why such obscenely long URLs?) For 11.58. These have more metal and should take more programming.
[Edit: I didn't pay enough attention; these were so cheap because they were USED. No matter, i just want them around for the program. These are the larger ones.]

I see the people at the link i initially posted have a very poor BBB rating:
https://www.bbb.org/us/md/brooklyn/prof … 1-90361306
I hope they weren't just milking my CC info.
I will delete the original link.

Board footer