Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-13 11:21:19

Loohan
Administrator

PEMF device

Pulsed Electromagnetic Field devices are available on the market for therapeutic uses. End of Oct i blogged that i had bought one "OMI Ring":
https://www.amazon.com/Therapy-Electro- … B01HYSJF88
One of the very few which do not have CIA AI tech built in!

The reason this costs a small fraction of other units is because it has a weak field, creating very faint pulsing. It has preset numbered freqs from 1 to 30 Hz.
I have been experimenting and the last few nights find that if i set it on freq of 8 for 30 minutes (the max on the timer) it works out great. I have chronic tightness in my hips-- a tendency to cramp in certain stances or positions, so i've been putting it over my pelvic region for the first 15-20 minutes, then around my knees (i'm thin enough to put both legs thru the ring) as i've had a stiff knee lately.
The result is that the muscles on the sides of my hips are already much less crampy! Also, i space out but a few minutes after it times out, i remember to unplug the adapter and take off the ring. Then, i fall asleep with unusual ease! And deep sleep at that. Your mileage may vary.

But what about running it on a zapper? I think it is possible with this unit because it is designed for a weak current input. If you want to bypass the pulser that comes with it, the wire on the end of the ring unit has a male RCA plug on it.
So you need to somehow splice a female RCA plug onto the zapper leads. This is what the females look like:
2pc%20Gold%20Plated%20RCA%20Jack%20Terminal%20Female%20HIFI%20Audio%20Connector%20(1)-600x400_0.jpg
You can use a jack like this or else buy a cable that has wires ending in such a thing, and splice into the cables. I doubt polarity matters.
Anyway, i just tried this with a 30kHz zapper and it does work! I presume it will work with an adjustable pulser too as discussed in the thread
http://forum.loohan.com/viewtopic.php?id=778

But the question is, for this purpose, is the ring really better than one that a DIYer could easily make with a mobius coil?
And could one not make one's own ring and then use lower freqs if desired, with one of those cheap Chinese units? Would the quality of the wave form be comparable for therapeutic applications? For a few measly bucks?
Someday i might delve into these questions.

#2 2018-12-07 10:59:51

Loohan
Administrator

Re: PEMF device

Having used this a few weeks i would say that this low-power unit is of questionable healing efficacy, except that i find it relaxing and it seems to enable and improve sleep. I have used it every night (except 1 or 2) for 1/2 or 1 hr each night, at various settings since last post. My hips are just as tight as they were and in fact one hip got worse for a while.
Knee is doing better but i have also been doing other stuff for that.

I have not yet experimented more yet with running different components on it.

#3 2018-12-08 07:49:48

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

But the question is, for this purpose, is the ring really better than one that a DIYer could easily make with a mobius coil?

The coil in the OMI Ring PEMF device is an ordinary air coil, of course, not a mobius coil.
A mobius coil is something entirely different, as it does not produce a magnetic field in the usual sense, but a scalar (orgone) field.
Maybe it will not work for pain management - maybe it will be even better than an ordinary coil. Worth trying.

Last edited by sittingtaoist (2018-12-08 07:53:20)

#4 2018-12-08 08:18:07

Loohan
Administrator

sittingtaoist wrote:

The coil in the OMI Ring PEMF device is an ordinary air coil, of course, not a mobius coil.
A mobius coil is something entirely different, as it does not produce a magnetic field in the usual sense, but a scalar (orgone) field.
Maybe it will not work for pain management - maybe it will be even better than an ordinary coil. Worth trying.

I didn't think it has a mobius. Could you define air coil, maybe send a pic? Google has problems with this. Wikipedia defines Air-core inductor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor# … e_inductor
but i suspect this is something different.

I measured the resistance of the PEMF ring at 150 ohms, and we know that mobius coils have no resistance.

I am thinking of making a mobius coil big enough to put around my hips or upper chest, but haven't gotten to it yet.

#5 2018-12-08 08:34:15

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

And could one not make one's own ring and then use lower freqs if desired, with one of those cheap Chinese units? Would the quality of the wave form be comparable for therapeutic applications? For a few measly bucks?
Someday i might delve into these questions.

"The OMI PEMF Therapy Ring provides a field strength between 20 and 70 Microtesla..."
"The OMI PEMF Therapy Ring uses a square wave. "

One could build a similar device from one of the cheap Chinese zappers and a coil of magnet wire.
When run from a 12V battery, the zapper will produce a 10mA square wave. To get a field strength of 50 Microtesla
in a coil similar to the OMI ring, that is with a diameter of 24cm, we will need 200 turns of magnet wire. Makes 150 meters.
The wire diameter can be as small as 0.1mm, as the resistance will then be about 330 ohms.

#6 2018-12-08 08:39:20

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

Could you define air coil, maybe send a pic?

I simply mean a coil without a (iron/ferrite) core.

#7 2018-12-08 08:42:03

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

I didn't think it has a mobius.

No, of course not.

#8 2018-12-08 09:27:18

Loohan
Administrator

So you are talking about a simple spiral coil?
L_WIRE-22-CP.jpg&maxx=500&maxy=0
A basic electromagnet coil.

#9 2018-12-08 10:06:32

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

So you are talking about a simple spiral coil?
https://www.seattlefindings.com/thumbna … 500&maxy=0
A basic electromagnet coil.

Yes, just like the one in the OMI unit.

#10 2018-12-08 13:34:22

Loohan
Administrator

We don't know for sure what's in the OMI ring. The ring is 3.5" or 8.5cm deep.

#11 2018-12-11 05:08:32

sittingtaoist
Administrator

Well, it's only an air coil untill u put ur leg through it.
Then it's a Loohan coil.  :-D

#12 2018-12-20 20:07:46

Loohan
Administrator

Also it makes a slight audible clicking sound as if there were a dozen speakers in it.

#13 2019-08-10 18:56:32

Loohan
Administrator

I seldom use this anymore. Results are not super awesome. I tried running the coil on a DDS freq gen and also tried running another device on the gen that came with it, but it seems the 2 are tailored for each other. The gen cuts out after a few seconds when running something else.
Also the company is Egyptoid, i now realize.

Board footer