Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Anyone can read; just hit the Index tab. Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

New registrants: if you try to register you will get a message that we are not accepting new members. Due to the limitations of this forum software which is not designed to deal with incessant CIA harrassment, we have no alternative but to disable automatic registration, and then we can't change this automatic message. Your account needs to be created by admin before you can post in the forums. Because otherwise, almost all registrants are CIA sock puppets. To get a forum account you need to send a brief presentation email to loohanforum at gee mail dot com, also suggesting a user name. Then we can enable you manually. But before you even do that, take a look around the forum and my site and decide whether you REALLY WANT to join/post, before you jack us around. Most seemingly genuine people who apply fail to even ever log in once to change their password after we go through the work of creating a membership for them. Then we must quickly delete their account again lest the CIA has intercepted their temporary password. And of the few who do change their password, most still never post. Maybe they realize we are too weird for them, I don't know. They get real quiet, never to be heard from again.

GLOSSARY: Sometimes unusual terminology or abbreviations are used that with some luck you might find defined here.

You are not logged in.

#31 2016-06-28 11:03:32

Jakub
Enabled users

Re: Plasterite

Diego you used bucket for cylinder right ? What capacity ? Its hard to tell from photo.After all it seems that i will make some plasterite in day or two.Plastic bucket for devices this big   is the easiest option for me right now, though i will start with something smaller of course.

And to whoever feels like answering for other questions:

I'm looking for different kinds of improvised molds  i can use to make plasterite  wherever i go in bigger quantify, easy to get, least required work for them... How good  is idea to use paper/plastic cups for this ?  Other possiblity for me is using some empty packages: paper-like  bucket from Manhattan ice creams, a lot of plastic food packages in different shape and size, a lot of this stuff can be wasted after all and i will actually experiment myself, though i could use some info before i even started, my waste will be smaller. And i could actually stack up on them in long term.

Plasterite will be wrecked by rainy  weather if its staying outside ? Do you guys have good idea how to secure it from water, beside sealing it in mold it was curing.I saw on net people were covering huge plasterite pieces in some concrete but it doesn't looks like good idea.

Covering in curing resin with brush ? Or stuff them in heavy duty plastic bag ?

Last edited by Jakub (2016-06-28 11:04:49)

" I willed it, so I became it"

#32 2016-06-28 12:03:53

Loohan
Administrator

UrosS wrote:

What about pouring into metal/plastic pipes?

Should be OK.

I was thinking of making PVC pipe pyramid with it, however don't think this would be very good.

#33 2016-06-28 12:05:55

Loohan
Administrator

UrosS wrote:

Also found these material is nice to carve and engrave into when not fully hard yet...will try some sculpturing soon smile
Can cutting into material affect prgm?

No.
Also there are commercial molds available for plaster (which are not so good for resin).

#34 2016-06-28 12:20:10

Loohan
Administrator

Jakub wrote:

How good  is idea to use paper/plastic cups for this ?  Other possiblity for me is using some empty packages: paper-like  bucket from Manhattan ice creams, a lot of plastic food packages in different shape and size, a lot of this stuff can be wasted after all and i will actually experiment myself, though i could use some info before i even started, my waste will be smaller. And i could actually stack up on them in long term.

Plasterite will be wrecked by rainy  weather if its staying outside ? Do you guys have good idea how to secure it from water, beside sealing it in mold it was curing.I saw on net people were covering huge plasterite pieces in some concrete but it doesn't looks like good idea.

Covering in curing resin with brush ? Or stuff them in heavy duty plastic bag ?

I used discarded lined paper cups for my 1st cast (1st pic on thread). Any flexible mold is fine so long as you can remove item (assuming you even want to remove it).

Plaster slowly absorbs water if exposed to it. Eventually it crumbles.
I don't know how long it takes (it must vary according to various factors) for plaster to fully dry out inside. If you paint it and more moisture is inside, it will probably form little bubbles under the paint or something.
Also paint will not protect it long-term because it degrades, then moisture will seep into spots, etc.

Another thing to think about is nibbling critters. Long ago i had a plaster Buddha i got at a yard sale. The gal said it was "an indoor/outdoor Buddha" but the squirrels apparently gouged into it in many spots. I suspect the plaster may have had SALT in it. Something to think about if you add salt to the mix (i have not).

This morning i poured into 4 plastic olive containers i salvaged from work. They are each almost 1 gallon in size. I plan to leave the lids off for weeks to let them cure. Then silicone-glue the screw-on lids in place, and set the units around my place.

#35 2016-06-28 13:48:26

diego
Enabled users

Jakub wrote:

Diego you used bucket for cylinder right ? What capacity ? Its hard to tell from photo.

Jakub, I think 1 L... the first, that Loohan told on blog was made in a mold with 13 cm of size and diameter. Nothing so big.

#36 2016-06-28 15:11:55

Loohan
Administrator

diego wrote:

Jakub, I think 1 L... the first, that Loohan told on blog was made in a mold with 13 cm of size and diameter. Nothing so big.

By the strength of it, i thought it was much bigger.

#37 2016-06-28 21:36:33

ndw
Enabled users

molds, well you can use any kind, plastic, cardboard paper, so you can set up a mold your self with cardboard.
but!!! since it doesn't shrink, you can have problems putting it out of mold. So if you use cardboard you can still break easy with a knife or similiar but for plastic dunno.
I would prefer silicon mould.
with glass I had problems.

I would use plasterite only for indoor.  covering it with other materials might be not energetic fine. anyway we just started experimenting with it, we will see.

nobody tried plasterite inside resin?

I wonder about RF spheres inside plasterite.

BTW plasterite is going to be a very good candidate for jailers, sort of 2k jailers inside a big plasterite is very cheap :-)

#38 2016-06-29 06:40:22

Loohan
Administrator

Actually i think that embedding plasterite in resin is very promising, although i have not done it yet. I will be working on this. I need to cast some small plasters, maybe in ice-cube trays, and put these in TBs. I think it would be good.
Also i am working on a large, taped plasterite which will probably get encased in resin soon.

I do not get that putting RF balls or other resin inside plasterite is a good idea.

And yes, this is an excellent medium for jailer pgms.

Incidentally, had an interesting phenomenon yesterday. Uros wrote me he was at work with some new plasterite as well as some orgonite. I dunno if it was a fluke or what, but on the map that spot felt unusually harmonious and positive (without the usual DOR kickback), radiant even in the middle of a nasty town. Later in the day i checked again, and various deep bases in the town and region had been lit up.

#39 2016-06-29 06:56:40

ndw
Enabled users

Sort of this Plasterite was a good surprise for them? ahhaha

#40 2016-06-29 09:51:40

UrosS
Enabled users

Loohan wrote:

Incidentally, had an interesting phenomenon yesterday. Uros wrote me he was at work with some new plasterite as well as some orgonite. I dunno if it was a fluke or what, but on the map that spot felt unusually harmonious and positive (without the usual DOR kickback), radiant even in the middle of a nasty town. Later in the day i checked again, and various deep bases in the town and region had been lit up.

Seems it was some easy kickback try at night/morning. Today at same place is a bit less harmonious field, think something still tries to buzz around a bit... but still not too bad.

#41 2016-06-29 09:59:00

UrosS
Enabled users

Loohan wrote:

Actually i think that embedding plasterite in resin is very promising, although i have not done it yet. I will be working on this. I need to cast some small plasters, maybe in ice-cube trays, and put these in TBs. I think it would be good.
Also i am working on a large, taped plasterite which will probably get encased in resin soon.

I do not get that putting RF balls or other resin inside plasterite is a good idea.

Yesterday afternoon I poured some in bigger inox hemisphere and put also one resin orgonite... still cannot decide if it works or not. Will try to make some pic soon.
...but goes nicely out from inox mold as well.

Have feeling about plaster it needs to breath somehow, by itself is cold even if on sun as it condense moisture from air.
Really curious how it works in resin, but maybe needs more time to completely dry.

#42 2016-06-29 10:57:11

Loohan
Administrator

UrosS wrote:

Seems it was some easy kickback try at night/morning. Today at same place is a bit less harmonious field, think something still tries to buzz around a bit... but still not too bad.

By late in the day CST yesterday, the radiant field had sort of collapsed amorphously into the background. By that time U bases had lit up in response. Bunch of deep ones too.

At this time i feel strong radiance again in same place, same diameter, but now it feels like demons are pushing back at it.

#43 2016-06-29 12:20:02

Jakub
Enabled users

Thanks for answers, so what proportions are best for plaster:water ? 3:2 or   5:3
I will make some devices tomorrow.I got plaster from one source   for 50 cents per kg will check how good it is for this price.

" I willed it, so I became it"

#44 2016-06-29 14:06:35

Loohan
Administrator

Jakub wrote:

Thanks for answers, so what proportions are best for plaster:water ? 3:2 or   5:3
I will make some devices tomorrow.I got plaster from one source   for 50 cents per kg will check how good it is for this price.

I've been using arounf 5:3 lately and it seems fine. Definitely would not make it wetter myself.

Home Depot charges $16 for 25 lbs, so you are getting a much better price.

#45 2016-06-29 14:12:57

UrosS
Enabled users

Loohan wrote:

At this time i feel strong radiance again in same place, same diameter, but now it feels like demons are pushing back at it.

Wd be fairytale if they wdn't.

Board footer